Julie's Knitting Knews

Just a place to show my knitting projects.

Friday, August 04, 2006

I have learned to needle knit!!!

Here is my latest project, ON NEEDLES!! I finally did it thanks to a link shared by a friend in one of the knitting groups that I belong to online. The link is www.KnittingHelp.com and Amy is fantastic at explaining and showing just how to knit. I am using the Continental or German style of knitting. You see, I am a lefty. I hold the yarn in my left hand and work the project from the left needle to the right. The stitch that I am using here is called Basket Weave II. It is very easy to do. I have never followed a pattern before and have found this to be very simple. Any and all comments are welcome and I will post as I progress.

I will not be around this weekend as I am taking a much needed mini-vacation. So, on Monday, I will be back to knitting. I still have two projects on the looms that I am still working on, but those will be done in no time flat and am also still working on Nicol's afghan, but it has been too warm for that at the moment.

I am off to go work those needles.




2 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Congratulations! That's really pretty! I've been thinking about doing something with a similar type of pattern - I enjoyed seeing yours! I finally received my KK looms, made one child sized hat and immediately started one on the green loom.....now I'm ebaying for yarn and thinking up way more projects than I have time for!!

8:21 PM  
Blogger ICJ said...

It seems like you are doing a really good job here! :)

Isabelle aka Tricotine

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home